Malheureusement, cette page n'est actuellement pas encore disponible en français. Nous ne pouvons vous transmettre cette information qu'en anglais pour le moment. Merci de votre compréhension.
The Viennese oboe, which is played exclusively in Vienna, has retained its particular sound and form since the time of Viennese Classicism and developed independently of the French oboe. The bell of the Viennese oboe is bell-shaped while that of the French oboe is gently flared. The French oboe has a very assertive sound that can distinctly be heard in the orchestra, whereas the Viennese oboe tends to blend in more with the overall sound. Vibrato, one of the desirable techniques on the French oboe, is not usual in the Viennese style.
The Standard Library of the Download Instrument contains all of the Viennese Oboe samples of the as well as some additional articulations. The Full Library offers the complete articulations on par with the ones of the big DVD Collection Woodwinds II Extended Library. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Special Edition product that contains the Viennese Oboe, you can buy the download instrument Viennese Oboe at a reduced price. Your personal discounts are displayed under the menu item Discount Details when you’re logged in.
Your purchase of Viennese Oboe entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments software player as well as the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
* Upgrade discounts:
You already own Vienna Instruments? You can check in the shopping cart (after login) if you are entitled to a relevant VSL discount and apply it!
You own a Standard Library and want to upgrade to FULL by adding the Extended Library? Again, the Standard Library will be deducted in the shopping cart. Likewise when completing bundles.
Please note that all discounted custom orders have to be processed manually by us and therefore may take up to one business day.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg compatible) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser with your first VSL purchase. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.