Malheureusement, cette page n'est actuellement pas encore disponible en français. Nous ne pouvons vous transmettre cette information qu'en anglais pour le moment. Merci de votre compréhension.
The harpsichord (German: Cembalo) has a famously bright sound, rich in overtones. Typically a Baroque instrument, the harpsichord has played a minimal role in classical and romantic music. In modern literature, however, it has been rediscovered by a broad range of musicians, and is also used poignantly and effectively in film and TV music.
In our own Silent Stage, the following single notes and repetition performances of a two manual harpsichord were recorded: 8' register solo, 8' double, and tutti (a combination of two 8' registers and one 4' register).
The Single Instrument Harpsichord offers the complete set of samples and articulations on par with the ones of the big Vienna Instruments Collection Special Keyboards. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Vienna Special Editions product that contains the Harpsichord, you can buy the download instrument Harpsichord at a reduced price.
Your purchase of Harpsichord entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
* Upgrade discounts:
You already own Vienna Instruments? You can check in the shopping cart (after login) if you are entitled to a relevant VSL discount and apply it!
You own a Standard Library and want to upgrade to FULL by adding the Extended Library? Again, the Standard Library will be deducted in the shopping cart. Likewise when completing bundles.
Please note that all discounted custom orders have to be processed manually by us and therefore may take up to one business day.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg compatible) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser with your first VSL purchase. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.