Malheureusement, cette page n'est actuellement pas encore disponible en français. Nous ne pouvons vous transmettre cette information qu'en anglais pour le moment. Merci de votre compréhension.
Five Octaves Of Precision
When Soniccouture decided to sample a marimba, they knew they wanted to find a 5 octave concert model. There’s something very special about the enormous bass notes of a full sized model. The Yamaha 6100 model, which was designed in collaboration with world-renowned marimba legend Keiko Abe, seemed to be the natural choice.
A descendant of the African balafon, the modern marimba originated in Mexico, and is typified by wooden (rosewood or the cheaper padauk) bars mounted above metal resonator tubes, which can be tuned using stops.
The 6100 marimba represents the absolute state of the art, with exclusive precision tuning which ensures true pitch and a full sound, while the Honduran Rosewood bars and welded resonators give rattle-free playing.
Tremolo is such a common marimba technique Soniccouture have designed an original Kontakt module to mimic this type of performance with unparalleled accuracy. It comfortably handles 1 to 4 voices of harmony (since marimba players rarely use more than 4 mallets), and will intelligently remap the tremolo in real time based on the incoming MIDI or your playing. The speed and velocity of the Tremolo can be modulated in real time using a MIDI controller.
Recording Grand Marimba
The instrument is massive, almost 3 meters across, which makes recording it a challenge ; it isn't possible to get too close to an instrument that large and maintain any sort of sensible stereo image.
3 Mic pairs were used: AKG414s (with CK12 capsules), Shoeps cardioids, and AEA ribbons further back in the room. These mics were mixed down to a stereo signal in post production.
- Mallet : The main articulation, and the most common marimba sound. 5 different mallet types were used during the recording, to ensure a consistent timbre across the entire range of the instrument.
- Roll : A played Roll, sampled and looped from the marimba player’s actual performance. Don’t confuse this with Tremolo. In fact, marimba players rarely use Rolls, so this is a special effect of sorts.
- Stick : Made by hitting the marimba with the handle of the mallets rather than the head. This is a kind of special effect you find in contemporary marimba repertoire, so we included it here. This sound is sometimes called “Rattan”.
- Bow : The marimba bowed with a cello bow. Produces a sustained, pad-like sound.
- 7.45 GB sample library - 3.4GB on disc with Kontakt NCW compression
- 24 Bit 96khz stereo sampling
- over 5000 samples
- 5 octaves from C1 to C6
- 4 articulations: Mallet, Stick, Roll, Bowed
- 5 round robin layers for the Mallet articulation, up to 15 velocity layers on the Mallet articulation
- Fully controllable KSP Tremolo processor
- Humanise KSP controls
- Sound design presets included
- Demo MIDI files included
- Custom effects panel with Soniccouture impulse repsonse reverb library
- Compatible with free Kontakt Player - VST AU RTAS
The latest NI Kontakt Player is included in this product!
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
Download latest free Kontakt Player Windows (~ 450MB)
Download latest free Kontakt Player Mac INTEL (~ 600MB)
You want more?
This library qualifies for the reduced Crossgrade of full KONTAKT at Native Instruments.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 -10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.