Malheureusement, cette page n'est actuellement pas encore disponible en français. Nous ne pouvons vous transmettre cette information qu'en anglais pour le moment. Merci de votre compréhension.
A modern follow-up to the popular Piano in Blue
How to follow an act like Piano In Blue? Cinesamples record a stunning 9' grand piano at the MGM Scoring Stage at Sony Pictures Studios in Los Angeles. Their goal was to record a detailed piano library at the same scoring stage as their flagship CineSymphony libraries for seamless integration and to provide four distinct characters of the piano through a variety of microphone and mixing techniques.
Tim Starnes on the recording process:
"The recording for Piano In Blue worked so well, I returned to the vintage Neumann M49 microphone pair and its position that I used on PIB. The M49s were powered by a pair of Neve 1073 pre amps to imitate the Neve 8078 console that recorded PIB. Also as on PIB, I placed a pair of small capsule condenser microphones near the tail of the piano. In addition to the standard room array, Adam placed several other close microphone pairs to provide options for other characters. The four unique characters are derived from these various microphones and the mixing process that followed."
4 Unique Characters
CinePiano - This is a standard representation of the grand piano on the scoring stage employing the M49s and the room array. The separate close, room, and surround microphone mixes are available on this patch.
Classical - The Classical mix is a slightly more distant mix employing a different combination of microphones and designed for concert realism. It is a very specific mix and thus the only available mix in this patch.
Cinematic - The Cinematic mix is a very intimate and muted sound, perfect for cinematic textures. This mix is made from a completely unique set of microphones and mixing techniques. It is a very specific mix and thus the only available mix in this patch.
Rock Studio Grand - The Rock Studio Grand relies more heavily on mixing techniques to achieve a brighter, punchy, edgy sound with a slight distortion on the attacks to cut through a heavy mix. It is a very specific mix and thus the only available mix in this patch.
- The Perspective Fader - CinePiano, like CineHarps, includes a new Perspective Mode feature that allows for changes through microphone positions. When you activate Perspective Mode, a slider appears that gives a smooth crossfade between the microphone perspectives. The slider is automatically mapped to the Mod Wheel, giving instant control of the relative depth of CinePiano.
- Pedal Behavior - Half Pedalling - We added a new feature called Pedal Behavior to CinePiano. When you play a note on a real grand piano with the sustain pedal down, quickly releasing and depressing the sustain pedal does not allow the dampers enough time to stop the strings from vibrating completely. CinePiano effectively models this behavior for a much more lifelike performance.
- Character - The Character knob acts as a macro knob, controlling multiple parameters at once. This can be used to change the play style from intimate to aggressive and everything in-between. When set to intimate, the velocities are biased towards the lower dynamics, with a low dynamic range.
- Soundboard - The Soundboard feature emulates the sympathetic resonances of the soundboard and other strings. This effect is only active when the sustain pedal is down and can be turned off by pressing the power button.
- Enable fff layer - The Enable fff Layer button enables and disables the highest recorded dynamic.
- Dynamic Range - The Dynamic Range knob acts a bit like a MIDI-controlled compressor. This knob doesn't impact the velocities, but instead changes the actual volume of each note. A low value reduces the volume difference between the softest and loudest dynamics, and a high value increases the difference.
- Round Robin Borrowing - The RR Borrowing knob employs surrounding notes as additional round robins. A value of 6 results in up to +/- a tritone of borrowing providing up to an additional 12 round robins per note. A value of zero only plays one round robin per dynamic level. Higher values result in more round robins and more tonal variation. The default value is 0.
- Velocity Curve - The Velocity Curve control can be used to dial in exactly the dynamic you are looking for. Bias Forte makes it easier to play louder dynamics, and Bias Piano makes it easier to play soft dynamics. Linear allows the velocities to pass through unaffected. The Velocity Curve control can also be used to compensate for a MIDI keyboard with an undesirably hard or soft action. You can custom-draw a velocity curve by clicking and dragging with the mouse.
- Release and Pedal Volume - These two faders control the volume of the release samples and pedal up/down volume, respectively.
CinePiano is Cinesample´s first library to be scripted for Native Instruments' Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) format. Requires Kontakt 5.6.8 and above (Works with both the free Kontakt Player and the paid, full version of Kontakt)
The latest NI Kontakt Player is included in this product!
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
Download latest free Kontakt Player Windows (~ 450MB)
Download latest free Kontakt Player Mac INTEL (~ 600MB)
You want more?
This library qualifies for the reduced Crossgrade of full KONTAKT at Native Instruments.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 -10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
This product requires Native Access for installation, registration and activation. Start the Native Access-Software and log in using your Native Instruments credetials to start the setup.
To sucesfully activate your product Native Access requires a working internet connection.
An Offline Activation on a different computer is Not Available with this product.