Malheureusement, cette page n'est actuellement pas encore disponible en français. Nous ne pouvons vous transmettre cette information qu'en anglais pour le moment. Merci de votre compréhension.
A Compact version of "Broadway Big Band"
Broadway LITEs™ is a virtual instrument with an attitude. A fusion of sound, music, and technology. Powered by Kontakt 5 player, it features 15GB of multi-sample content, with over 20,000 unique samples of saxophones, trumpets, trombone and clarinet.
It offers all of the same groundbreaking patented technologies, as well as a select portion of instruments and audio content used in Fable Sounds’ critically acclaimed Broadway Big Band. Broadway Lites™ provides an affordable introduction to the best-sounding and most realistic emulation of contemporary wind instruments to date, and is suitable for high-end studio work.
Ultimate Playability - Fable Sounds have developed and patented a unique and intuitive articulation switching system that enables real-time access to all of the articulations of an instrument from a single patch. You can finally play a deeply sampled virtual instrument with the same creative freedom and fluidity as the musician playing the actual instrument would.
Deeply sampled - A huge amount of articulations and playing techniques, providing endless possibilities and unmatched level of expressiveness.
Legato sampling - Legato intervals recorded up to major 9th up and down in various legato interval articulations providing unmatched realism.
Premium content - 15GB of audio content, carefully selected from the critically acclaimed Broadway Big Band virtual instrument recorded at 24bit/44.1khz, 20,000+ individual samples.
Meticulously recorded and processed - Recorded in one of New York’s best live rooms, using top quality microphones and pre-amps and carefully processed to a virtually noiseless recording, that still breathes naturally.
Groundbreaking Technology - Whether it’s our patented articulation switching system, or our MIDI Data Morphing concept, our patented, lifelike, chaos-creating alternate samples management system, the musically liberating Unison Section feature, or our new, unique and powerful Real-Time Orchestrator, Fable Sounds always keeps you on the cutting edge of technology.
Optimized for studio productions - Broadway Lites includes for each of its instruments, the microphone setup which is most commonly used by users of Broadway Big Band in their studio productions, which makes Broadway Lites the flavor of a Lite version most optimized for studio work.
Powerful and simple - Broadway LITEs offers incredibly powerful yet simple to learn and use features, not offered by any other virtual instruments currently on the market.
Top New York musicians - It sounds right and feels right because it was played right, by accomplished New York Jazz, salsa, pop & Funk musicians. It’s the real deal from top to bottom.
New features in version 2.0
Real-Time Orchestrator (RTO)
A groundbreaking feature enabling polyphonic, polyrhythmic legato across a mixed section of instruments. Using RTO you can play an entire section on the keyboard, and the notes you play are orchestrated in real time and distributed to the various instruments in the RTO multi, based on orchestration schemes that you can create yourself. This is an extremely powerful system which is extremely easy to use. Great for live shows, as well as tracking under tight deadlines. It also offers articulation presets which can replace the built-in key-switching with alternative midi triggers such as foot-switches, freeing your left hand for playing notes rather than key-switches.
From now on, you can use any of the Broadway Lites instruments multiple times in the arrangement or in a multi, even when playing unison, creating a realistic section of multiple instruments. This means that even with multiple instances of just one instrument, you can still get a realistic section of multiple instruments playing in unison. The feature is not some kind of a doubling effect, but rather it uses different samples, and performs slight adjustments to make sure each instance of the instrument sounds a little different from the other. The results are very realistic. The feature also includes “Humanize” and “Detune” knobs for further control over the section sound.
Notation Software Support
With version 2.0, “Notation mode” has been added to all of the Broadway Lites instruments, to enable notation programs to communicate with Broadway Lites and use it for playback of scores, including all included articulations and dynamics. The new Notation mode also enables integration with Cubase Expression maps. This was not previously possible due to the unique articulation switching system in Broadway Lites. The new Notation Mode uses an alternative system of key-switching that is more in line with the way notation programs operate. (full documentation in the user manual).
Velocity curve control
Due to the extended dynamic range of the instruments included in Broadway Lites, it is sometimes difficult to keep dynamics under control when using a MIDI keyboard’s velocity. To help overcome this, we’ve added a new knob to control the velocity curve, which helps to adjust the responsiveness of the Broadway Lites instruments to various MIDI keyboards. The new velocity curve control feature can also be MIDI automated to make changes within a song as needed.
A new articulation added to Tenor Saxophone 1
FP+Vibrato, Added both as a temporary articulation and in combination with the existing “Strong Vibrato” articulation, as a new “Deep Vibrato” playing mode.
Various improvements in programming and UI
Improved consistency of levels and envelope programming and a new and improved user interface.
Key Features Overview:
- 15 GB of multi-sample audio content at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz
- Over 20,000 unique samples
- Real note-transition samples, including legato, glissando, etc.
- Real-time access to all of the articulations of each instrument, using the revolutionary real-time articulation-switching system, which is a part of the patented “Broadway Performer” technology.
- Dynamic articulation switching enables switching articulations for ongoing notes while they’re still playing, offering the hyper-realistic fluidity of a live performer.
- Clever key-switch programming enables super-fast, easy and intuitive articulation switching in real-time.
- MIDI data morphing for mod-wheel driven crescendos and diminuendos enables the unique hybrid mode, using keyboard velocity and modulation wheel at the same time.
- Velocity curve control, to help to manage the wide dynamic range of the instruments when using a MIDI keyboard.
- Unison Section – enables stacking multiple instances of the same instrument, creating a realistic section even when playing in unison.
- Real-Time Orchestrator – a revolutionary powerful feature which enables a keyboard player to play an entire mixed section of instruments with polyphonic polyrhythmic legato, distributing the voices to the selected instruments, as defined in a user editable orchestration scheme. Multiple orchestration schemes are possible within a single RTO multi, switchable in real-time via a mouse click or user defined midi triggers.
- Includes a set of powerful instruments multis for easy section playing (both regular stacked multis and RTO multis).
- Revolutionary and patented alternate samples handling (round-robin), including an individual cycle for each note in each dynamic level of each articulation, resulting in up to hundreds of individual cycles per instrument, providing the most authentic performance ever offered by a multi-sample library or a virtual instrument.
- Create and recall snapshots of alternate cycles to lock performance and gain ultimate control.
- Top New York musicians and recording studios.
- Color-coded keyboard view presents the playable range and the various types of virtual key switches available for each instrument
For a detailed list of Instruments and Articulations please go to "More Info".
Film/TV & video game composer
"God Of War" and "God Of War 2", "Darkwatch" and "Nowhere to Hide"
"I find Broadway Big Band to be revolutionary!
...it actually helps me write better. I feel like I’m playing a live instrument. It makes it more fun. I feel less like I’m working and more like I’m making music. There are other libraries out there that do true legato, that do different articulations, but… I haven’t heard articulations and samples connect this way. It’s just seamless. However these guys are doing it, it’s different than anything else that I’ve heard and it’s definitely different than anything else I have played with.”
Musical Theatre & symphonic composer
Las Vegas / New York
"The sound, the concept, the whole approach to what they’re doing with the Broadway Big Band is something new in sampling, and something I think that’s going to really change the sampling world."
Composer and music producer
"This is the most amazing tool I’ve ever come across for being able to do brass arrangements."
This product works with the free Native Instruments Kontakt Player, the latest version can be downloaded through Native Access, Native Instrument’s download manager!
The minimum required Kontakt version for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the manufacturers wesite.
- macOS 10.13-11 (newest update)
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 7-10
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac OS X (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.